For 4 people (OK, for 8, but why not be greedy!?)
- 1 pork loin (about 3 pounds-you may need to order it before hand)
- 7-8 large potatoes, cut in large oval shape, or 15-18 small ones
- 2 ValSamo Beers or more if you want
- 2 full of tablespoons of Samos honey
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary
- Salt, Pepper
- 1 casserole dish with lid
- On the previous night, put the pork in the casserole, cover with a little salt and pepper. Put a bit of Valsamo beer in a glass, half the honey and the mustard and mix well.
- Cover the meat with the mixture and the rest of the beer and put it in the refrigerator overnight (turn it over once in the morning, making sure the liquids go everywhere).
- Preheat oven at 180° C or 370° F.
- Place the rosemary and the butter in the casserole. Cover the skin of the pork with a tablespoon of Samos honey.
- Put pork in the oven and cook for one hour. Reduce temperature to 130° C or 270° F.
- Depending on the meat and the oven, you will need 5-7 hours (criteria: the potatoes will be soft, the meat will fall off the bone).
- Serve with boiled vegetables of your choice.
Tip: If you want, 1-2 hours before it’s ready, remove the 2/3 of the broth and boil it in a saucepan with 2 tablespoons of flour (stir often to keep it creamy!). This is how gravy is made, an incredible sauce for this particular food! It is ready, when it’s texture is thick, like a babys’ cream!S